Find the Right Leader, Find the Right Location
Are You that Innovative Education Ambassador?
Where will the next Templeton Academy be located? Though we don't believe in silver bullets, we think the most important factor is finding the right leader — and that the right leader will lead us to the right metro and learners to serve.
Are you that leader?
We are looking for adventurous educators to join us on our journey. If you are an innovative and entrepreneurial education leader looking for an opportunity to make a difference in education today, while defining what learning could/should look like tomorrow, we'd love to hear from you!
Head of School, Next Templeton Academy
Organization Overview: Templeton Academy is making 21st century learning and outcomes accessible to all by building a family of quality, affordable independent schools. Templeton Academy is a micro school that positions extraordinary, empathetic full-time and adjunct teaching talent to use block teaching and the city as a campus to maximize learning and minimize tuition.
Founded in 2015 in Washington, D.C. and now entering our second year in Nashville, TN, Templeton Academy is a powerful answer to the question of what school should look like to position high school graduates to thrive in college, career and life in the 21st century. With an average class size of eight, and a maximum school size of 125, Templeton Academy’s academic program is built around three academic blocks of two hours and twenty minutes that foster deeper and experiential learning. While other schools spend millions every year on facilities, and increase tuition accordingly, Templeton Academy utilizes D.C. and Nashville’s thousands of extraordinary educational assets as its campus. Please visit www.templetonacademy.org for additional details.
Head of School Position Summary: We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial educator committed to the creation of an educational environment that combines strong academic standards, differentiated instruction and a caring and empathetic culture that is responsive to individual student needs. The Head of School will oversee all aspects of the development and material creation of the new campus and report to the President and Board of Directors. In this role, s/he will be responsible for the recruitment and timetabling of the initial class of students, the development of the physical space and the implementation and supervision of the model.
- Believe deeply in Templeton Academy’s mission and build an organization worthy of that mission.
- Possess an equally deep personal passion and commitment to preparing 21st century learners.
- Recruit, coach and retain effective teachers as required, working to ensure exceptional course syllabi, assessment and evaluation.
- Create and foster an atmosphere where students and teachers can experience innovative, supportive and experiential learning.
- Develop an outreach program that includes campus orientations, open houses and other special events to introduce Templeton Academy to the greater local community and launch student recruitment process.
- Lead the admissions process for first year family and student recruitment and retention.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the school in the local community with direct responsibility for communicating with parents and community connectors.
- Recruit and onboard founding school staff including Guidance Counselor, Academic Administrator and teachers.
- Cultivate a culture of “Excellence in Teaching,” and a healthy school atmosphere that defines, supports, achieves and articulates extraordinary student outcomes.
- Supervise curriculum development and teacher training for the campus.
- Interface with parents and families with respect to academic and non-academic issues (absences, behavior) as required.
- Maintain appropriate liaison with local landlord and service providers as required.
- Oversee the learning management and student information systems on a per term basis including transcript updates.
- Ensure that ongoing student reporting requirements are met, as well as compliance with all company and accreditation policies and procedures as they affect the campus.
- Work with the College Counselor on campus-wide community service initiatives and events.
- Develop and execute campus orientation programs, info sessions and other special events.
- Refine course offerings, student course selection and counseling students on post-secondary plan including university applications.
Qualifications: A love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, and unsurpassed written and oral communications. This is a position for an independent learner who is committed to student-centered, experiential learning; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything they do; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives.
In addition, we seek inspired individuals with:
- Significant education management experience, proven school leaders preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of working effectively in secondary schools.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, in writing, and on social media.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with online education management systems preferred.
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. In order to attract highly qualified candidates, we offer a competitive benefits package, including base salary, health care benefits and professional development opportunities.
Next Steps: Please complete and submit the form above if interested. Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.